You cannot force a Fool's Mate. You just have to notice that your opponent allows it and you win. What you are looking for as Black is a weakness in the diagonal h4-e1 early in the game when the White king is still on its original square.
Usually White plays 1.e4 or 1.d4 and there is no Fool's Mate likely. However if one of White's early pawn moves are with the f-pawn, g-pawn, or h-pawn, possibilities open up. Here are five examples that occurred in my own games.
BabyBach-Sawyer begins 1.g4 d5 2.f4 e5 3.Nc3 Qh4# 0-1
What happens with premature kingside expansion?
Permanent king elimination.
Colquitt-Sawyer begins 1.c3 e5 2.f3 d5 3.g4 Qh4# 0-1
What happens when a beginner plays an expert?
Hopefully the beginner learns a lesson.
JackBach-Sawyer begins 1.h3 d5 2.f4 e5 3.fxe5 Qh4+ 4.g3 Qxg3# 0-1
Can a pawn on g3 stop a Fool's Mate?
Not when both the h-pawn and f-pawn have moved.
guest1586-Sawyer begins 1.h4 Nc6 2.h5 d5 3.f3 Qd6 4.g4 Qg3# 0-1
How does Black develop on the queenside and mate quickly?
Black notices a serious White weakness on the kingside.
ramani2kmd2004-Sawyer begins 1.f3 e5 2.Nh3 d5 3.a4 Bxh3 4.gxh3 Qh4# 0-1
Does developing a kingside knight early in the game help?
Yes, but... it helps a lot more if the knight is on f3.
You may also like: King Pawn (1.e4 e5) and Queen Pawn (1.d4 d5)
Copyright 2017 Home Page / Author Page / email@example.com
- ► 2016 (333)
- ► 2015 (287)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (580)
- Harry Potter and Wild Chess Gambit
- Tim TKO's Timko in Blackmar-Diemer
- Offbeat Unorthodox Wild Gambits
- My Felber Game from Jego's New BDG Book
- Battle BDG Declined Brombacher 4...c5
- How to Eat an Elephant Gambit
- Solid Slav Defence Draw vs 2410
- Following Grandmasters in Petroff
- Eric Jégo Blackmar-Diemer Gambit book
- Tactics Alekhine Four Pawns Attack
- Najdorf Sicilian Defence Sacrifice Win
- Early Learning Najdorf Sicilian Defence
- Bishops of Opposite Colors in Blackmar-Diemer
- Improvement in BDG Avoided Nimzo-Indian Line
- Blackmar-Diemer Gambit Ziegler: Not a Gutman
- Jon Lenchner Pirc Defence
- Penn State Blackmar-Diemer Gambit
- No Touch Much English Dutch
- Penn State Aggressive Latvian
- Double Dutch Defence: Staunton Gambit & Balogh
- Sorrow In Happy Valley Penn State
- Win Symmetrical Pawn Structure
- Blackmar-Diemer Gambit Bogoljubow Win
- Helpful Rook Ending To Draw
- Chess Guinness World Record
- Match vs South Africa English Opening
- Checkmate: Five Quick Fool's Mates for Black
- Checkmate: Five Quick Fool's Mates for White
- Computer Great Rook Pawn Race
- Hershey BDG: Faster Than Fischer!
- ▼ November (30)