Chess publisher Bob Long wrote: "I am impressed with this book. ...Mr. Sawyer's section on the BDG Avoided, chapter one, is one of the best repertoire systems you will EVER find on the treatment of the play of center pawns and transpositions---EVER!"
Chapter 1 covers the BDG Avoided. The BDG proper is 1.d4 d5 2.e4 dxe4 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.f3, when the f3-pawn will be either Declinded (Chapter 2) or Accepted (Chapters 3-7). If Black does not play 3...Nf6 or 2...dxe4 or even 1...d5, then we have a BDG Avoided.
My game with Ron Ferenchak had the distinction of being "Game 1" in my original Blackmar-Diemer Gambit Keybook, published by Bob Long and Thinkers' Press in Februay 1992. I wrote the book over a three year period from late 1988 to October 1991. Ferenchak offered a Benoni. The BDG player often plays Nc3 in front of the c2-pawn.
Sawyer (2000) - Ferenchak (1672), corr USCF 89SS40, 15.04.1990 begins 1.d4 c5 Of course, almost anything is playable for Black's first move. 2.d5 d6 [If 2...Nf6 White can play 3.c4, 3.Nc3 or 3.f3] 3.e4 e5 4.Nc3 a6 5.a4 f5 6.f4 Nf6 7.fxe5 dxe5 8.exf5 Bxf5 9.Bg5 Be7 [Black should blockade the d-pawn as in 9...Bd6 10.Nge2 Nbd7 11.Ng3+/= Euwe - Alekhine, World Championship 1935] 10.Nf3 Nfd7 11.Bxe7 Qxe7 12.Bd3 e4 13.0-0! exd3 14.Re1 dxc2 15.Rxe7+ Kxe7 16.d6+ Kd8 17.Qd5 Rf8 18.Qxb7 Nb6? 19.Qc7+ Ke8 20.Qe7# 1-0
You may also like: King Pawn (1.e4 e5) and Sicilian (1.e4 c5)
Copyright 2015 Home Page / Author Page / firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2015 (287)
- ► 2014 (365)
- King's Indian Saemisch 1.d4 Nf6 2.f3
- Queen's Knight Defence Plays Like King's Indian
- Brian Harper Goes Postal Benoni Defence
- Leslie Ward in English Opening Dutch
- Dyba Battles French Alapin Gambit
- Myers in BDG: How Much Can I Sac?
- Impression of Blackmar-Diemer Rasa
- Why Change Chess Strategy During A Game
- BDG Jorge Quinones - Andreas Husemann
- Least Viewed Sawyer Blog Posts as of June 2013
- Kostanski Attacks Elephant Gambit
- Jeffrey Wilson Queen's Knight Van Geet Attack
- Ron Ferenchak Blackmar-Diemer Gambit
- Albin Counter Richard Kirk Attack
- Luis Ledesma French Defence Sawyer
- Vartanovich: "Blackmar-Diemer Gambit is wrong."
- BDG Euwe Book by Tejler & Marfia
- Graham Cooper King's Indian Defence
- BDG Magazine 1962 Berthelsen Wins!
- Play Poison Ivy Ponziani Properly
- BDG Jorge Quinones vs Csaba Siger
- Lewis Chessman: Marching Mystery Dougie MacLean
- Jorge Quinones: Blackmar-Diemer King Hunt
- BDG Magazine 1962: Diemer in 1957
- Most Viewed Blackmar-DiemerEuwe
- In Chess Do Not Open Center Too Early!
- Womens Olympiad Phiona Mutesi
- BDG Chess Magazine 1962: "Atomic Age Weapon"
- My Most Viewed Chess Posts from April-May 2013
- Blackmar-Diemer Game of June 2013
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2012 (580)