Armin PapavonFelix recently sent me a beautiful short sharp attack. White plays a winning combination in moves 14-15 to pick off the Black queen.
"Hi Tim, here's a game,I've played a few weeks ago:"
A quick glance at the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit chess game he sent shows that Black transposed from a Blackmar Gambit 2.e4 to a Caro-Kann Defence 2...c6, and then to BDG Ziegler after 5...Nf6. Normally Black answers 6.Bc4 with the active move 6...Bf5. However, many players prefer the solid defence 6...e6, which can be potentially passive and open to attack in the vein of a BDG Euwe.
Armin as White uses the handle "Bauernschubser". I do not know subtleties of German, but it might mean "pawn nudger", "pawn pusher", or more aggressively, "pawn shover". Black's handle means "World referee" from football or soccer sports. Whatever they intend by names, Black should rule that White scores the winning goal.
Bauernschubser (1854) - Weltschiedsrichter (1686), Internet 30.07.2014 begins 1.d4 d5 2.e4 c6 3.Nc3 dxe4 4.f3 exf3 5.Nxf3 Nf6 6.Bc4 e6 [6...Bf5! is better.] 7.0-0 Be7 8.Bg5 0-0 9.Qe1 Nbd7 10.Bd3 [10.Qh4!?] 10...h6 11.Qh4 Nd5 [11...Re8 12.Ne4 (12.Bxh6 gxh6 13.Qxh6 Bf8 14.Qh4 Bg7 15.Ng5 Nf8 16.Rae1 Re7=/+) 12...Nxe4 13.Bxe7 Qxe7 14.Qxe4 Nf6=] 12.Nxd5! Bxg5 13.Nxg5 exd5? [A mistake that needs to be tactically punished. Correct was 13...Qxg5 14.Qxg5 hxg5 15.Ne7+ Kh8 16.Rae1 g6 17.Bxg6 fxg6 18.Nxg6+ Kg7 19.Nxf8 Nxf8 20.Rf3 Bd7 21.Ref1=] 14.Bh7+! Kh8 15.Nxf7+! Rxf7 16.Qxd8+ Kxh7 17.Rxf7 1-0
You may also like: King Pawn (1.e4 e5) and Queen Pawn (1.d4 d5)
Copyright 2015 Home Page / Author Page / firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2016 (329)
- ► 2015 (66)
- Dutch Defence Leningrad Hit and Run Bishop
- Martin Simons vs Brown in BDG
- Ray Haines in Colle vs Queen's Indian 5...Ba6
- Corey Acor Wins London System
- Jeffrey Baffo Bold Benko Gambit
- Helin vs Skovgaard in Huebsch Gambit
- Beloungie in Colle System vs Dutch Defence
- Chess Swindle vs Mario Marshall in Caro-Kann
- Van der Lende in London System
- Simons vs Brusey in Vienna Kampars
- Armin Caro-Kann to Blackmar-Diemer
- Peter Webster on Kampars, Fischer and Diemer
- Ray Haines in Colle System vs Queen's Indian
- Cavicchi Wins vs GM Dreev in Budapest Gambit
- Sawyer vs Purser in Elephant Gambit
- Blackmar-Diemer Kostic vs Tartakower
- Haines Battles Morin in Dutch 2.Nc3
- Martin Simons vs Elwin in Caro-Kann
- Blackmar-Diemer Vienna Famous Trap
- Sawyer Beats Purser Blackmar-Diemer
- Pert Beats Blackmar-Diemer Huebsch
- ▼ August (21)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (79)