Clive Heyn loved to play very fast blitz sometimes one second per move. His speed meant Clive was always a threat to win games on time. The down side to his instant moves was that Clive seemed to play the first thing that came into his mind.
Below Heyn chose the Sicilian Defence 4...d5!? variation. The critical line is 5.exd5 Qxd5 which has similarities to the Queens Knight Defence with 1.e4 Nc6 2.d4 d5 3.exd5 Qxd5. The line Clive chose gives White a slight advantage with accurate play. Perfect opening play in blitz is rare. How players follow it up makes all the difference. Clive obtains an equal position. Heyn takes away my castling privileges and castle queenside. Both kings are exposed to danger. I set a Sicilian Defense trap that Black missed. Suddenly we have an instant checkmate on move 13!
Sawyer (2011) - Heyn (1751), Williamsport, PA 1994 begins 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 d5 5.Nc3 [5.exd5 Qxd5 6.Be3 e6 7.Nc3 Bb4 8.Qd2 Qa5 9.Nb3 Qe5 10.f4 Bxc3 11.bxc3+/=] 5...dxe4 6.Nxc6 Qxd1+ 7.Kxd1 bxc6 8.Nxe4 Bf5 9.Bd3 0-0-0 [9...e6 10.Ke2 0-0-0 11.Be3 Kb7 12.Rhd1 Be7 13.c3 Nf6=] 10.Ke2 e6 11.Bf4 [11.Rd1] 11...h6? [11...Kb7 12.Rad1 Be7 13.Be5 Nf6 14.Nxf6 Bxd3+ 15.Rxd3 Rxd3 16.cxd3 gxf6 17.Bc3 Rd8=] 12.Rhd1 Nf6? [Logical and fatal. 12...Rd7 13.Ba6+ Kd8 14.Rxd7+ Kxd7 15.Rd1+ Ke7 16.Bd6+ Ke8 17.Bxf8 Kxf8 18.Nc5+/-] 13.Ba6# 1-0
You may also like: King Pawn (1.e4 e5) and Queen Pawn (1.d4 d5)
Copyright 2015 Home Page / Author Page / email@example.com
- ► 2016 (329)
- Walter Browne vs Fischer Alekhine
- Huebsch Gambit Leningrad Cowboy
- Omega Gambit Alekhine Indian
- Fleischmann Teichmann Gambit
- What is Three Knights Game?
- Birds Opening Schlechter Gambit
- Ben Franklin and Andre Philidor Chess
- Andre Fleischmann Huebsch Gambit
- Boomerang Trap Alekhine Defence
- Philidor Counter Gambit vs Lawson
- Larsen's Opening to Bird's Opening Funk
- Petroff Defense Poisoned Pawn
- King's Gambit Falkbeer Counter Sacrifice
- How To Play Sicilian Defense 4...d5!?
- ▼ June (14)
- ► 2014 (78)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (79)