I won a chess game vs Life Master Dan Benjamin in the King's Indian Defence and the Saemisch Variation. The catch is that at the time he was not yet a master. A few months later he made a huge jump in his rating.
A key aspect of our game was my attempt to play a Blackmar-Diemer Gambit after 1.d4 Nf6 2.f3. My hope was 2...d5 3.e4 dxe4 4.Nc3 which is a BDG. After 2...c5 3.d5 White can play more original lines, but I was happy going from Benoni to King's Indian.
Danny Benjamin saw his rapid rise to master playing other kids and adults. Daniel took lessons from chess teacher Dan Heisman. Within a year Daniel Benjamin saw his rating go flying past me. His rating rose to 2400 when he got to high school and backed off only slightly. Benjamin played over 300 games at the master level as a teenager.
Dr. Daniel J. Benjamin went to Harvard and Cornell. His expertise is in economics, psychology and research in things beyond what I understand. I wish him well.
Sawyer - Benjamin, Hatboro, PA 26.01.1989 begins 1.d4 Nf6 2.f3 c5 3.d5 d6 4.e4 Nbd7 5.c4 g6 6.Nc3 Bg7 7.Bg5 0-0 8.Qd2 Qa5 9.Bd3 a6 10.Nge2 Ne5 11.0-0 Bd7 [11...h6! 12.Bh4 (not 12.Bxh6? Bxh6 13.Qxh6 Nxd3-+) 12...Bd7=] 12.a4 Qb4 13.b3 Rab8? [13...Nxd3 14.Qxd3 Qa5=] 14.Rab1 b5 15.axb5 axb5 16.cxb5 Bxb5 17.Bxb5 Rxb5 18.Nxb5 Qxd2? [18...Qxb5 19.b4 Nc4 20.Qd3+-] 19.Bxd2 Rb8 20.Nbc3 Nd3 21.Nc1 Nb4 22.N3a2 Na6 [or 22...Nc2 23.Rb2+-] 23.Nd3 Nd7 24.Kh1 Bd4 25.Rfc1 Nb4 26.Ndxb4 cxb4 27.Nxb4 Be5 28.Bh6 Rxb4 29.Rc8+ Nf8 30.Rxf8# 1-0
You may also like: King Pawn (1.e4 e5) and Sicilian (1.e4 c5)
Copyright 2016 Home Page / Author Page / email@example.com
Sign Up for free weekly Chess Training Repertoire updates
- Daniel Benjamin and King's Indian
- Purple Dutch Defence vs O'Hearn
- Gene Simmons Move Your Chess Piece Forward
- Sozin Sicilian Bachler vs Fawbush
- Harabor Beats London System
- French Defence Tarrasch vs Harabor
- 9 Ways Ruy Lopez is Reliable
- Queens Gambit Accepted Attack
- Hit! Don't Hide vs King's Indian
- Sicilian Dragon Hidden Queen Trick
- Catalan Opening Rook Endgame Tool
- New Years Blackmar-Diemer Gambit
- 20 Favorite Chess Posts of 2015
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2015 (66)
- ► 2014 (78)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (79)