The King's Indian Defence 5.Nf3 variation leads to opposite side attacks. White plays to pick off material on the queenside and win the endgame. Black plays for an attack on the kingside to mate or win material. Against FM Alan J. Norris of Scotland. White chose an interesting combination of 9.Bd2 and 10.g3. I held my hold, but I slipped up in the middlegame. Norris stopped my kingside attack very quickly. When he turned to the queenside, where I was unable to defend properly.
In 1984, most computer programs were far weaker than masters. That year I bought my first home computer, a Commodore 64. It held very little information. Today ICCF correspondence play involves a combination of master and computer analysis to reach the top. Take away either the master or the engine and the results will suffer.
ICCF ratings online do not go back 30 years, but 20 years ago his ICCF rating is 2362 and mine was 2157. Neither of us have played in ICCF since then.
Today I resume doing my Blog Posts Every Day.
Norris - Sawyer, corr ICCF 1984 begins 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.e4 d6 5.Nf3 0-0 6.Be2 e5 7.0-0 Nc6 8.d5 Ne7 9.Bd2 Nh5 10.g3 [10.h3+/=] 10...f5 [10...Nf6!?] 11.exf5 Nxf5 12.Ne4 [12.Bg5!?] 12...Nf6 13.Bg5 h6 14.Bxf6 Bxf6 15.Bd3 Bg7 16.h4 c6 17.Kg2 Bd7 18.Qd2 cxd5 19.cxd5 Qb6 20.Rac1 Rf7 [20...Rac8=] 21.Rc3 Raf8 22.Rb3 Qc7 23.Rc1 Qb8 24.Ba6 Bc8 25.Qb4 Rc7 [Black misses 25...Qa8!=] 26.Rxc7 Qxc7 27.Bxb7 1-0
You may also like: King Pawn (1.e4 e5) and Sicilian (1.e4 c5)
Copyright 2016 Home Page / Author Page / email@example.com
Sign Up for free weekly Chess Training Repertoire updates
- Alan Norris vs my King's Indian
- Beginner Logic in Italian Game
- London System Why Play Qb6
- Fries Nielsen vs GM Tukhaev in Rinor
- Bruce Ripley wins BDG Gunderam
- Pirc Defence 150 Attack vs Qbroot
- Sicilian Strategy Fails to Tactics
- IM Fries Nielsen Wins with Rinor
- French Defence Greed vs Benner
- Queen's Knight Modern 2.h4
- Beloungie FIDE Rated Dutch Defence
- Aegis Weapon Wins Catalan Opening
- Haines Gambit Sicilian Defence Win
- ▼ February (13)
- ► 2015 (66)
- ► 2014 (78)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (79)