I played a brilliant quick crushing win. What a beautiful open field mate! It's too bad we cannot play these types of quick crushes more often. I sacrificed a rook on move 9. Seven checks in a row and it's checkmate against John Hathaway in Dutch Defence.
I played the Staunton Gambit before I began playing its cousin, the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit. This is the best one I ever played in my life. After 1.d4 f5 2.e4 fxe4 3.Nc3 Nf6, White has a choice to make. The move 4.Bg5 often allows White to regain the pawn.
When I am in a gambit mood, I go for 4.f3. It worked great this time! Lots of people have won pretty games with the Staunton Gambit. This was my best.
John and I were friends who played at the North Penn Chess Club. We had some fun times. Hathaway became the Pennsylvania state chess champion a few years later.
My Chess Training Repertoire this Thursday covers the Dutch Defence. Sign up if you want to receive it by email.
Sawyer - Hathaway, Lansdale, PA 24.07.1981 begins 1.d4 f5 2.e4 fxe4 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.f3 exf3 [Against me most players have declined the gambit with 4...d5.] 5.Nxf3 e6 6.Bd3 Be7 7.0-0 b6 [7...0-0= is much safer.] 8.Ne5 Bb7 [Black is calmly developing, but now...] 9.Rxf6! [or 9.Bxh7 Rxh7 10.Qd3!+-] 9...Bxf6 10.Qh5+ g6 11.Bxg6+ hxg6 12.Qxg6+ Ke7 13.Qf7+ Kd6 14.Nb5+ Kd5 15.c4+ Ke4 16.Qg6# 1-0
You may also like: King Pawn (1.e4 e5) and Queen Pawn (1.d4 d5)
Copyright 2016 Home Page / Author Page / email@example.com
- Dutch Mama Ain’t Happy
- Workman Makes Haines Work
- Lev Zilbermints Wins Englund 1.d4 e5
- Staunton Gambit My Best Brilliancy
- Van Kerkhof in Huebsch 5.Bf4
- Sicilian Defence Dragon Darryl Hartman
- Scandinavian Defense to Nimzo-Indian
- Bob Arnold Birds Opening Books
- Who Is Right in Queens Knight?
- LaVallee vs Haines in Sicilian
- Azmaiparashvili Wins With Grob
- Fischer Wade in Ruy Lopez Marshall
- Martin Wins vs BDG Euwe 6...c5
- Sicilian Najdorf 6.Bc4 vs Chaney
- Nimzo-Indian vs Queen Retreat
- French Defense Tarrasch Queen Trap
- Englund Gambit vs Hardon McFarland
- Sicilian Sveshnikov Result Oriented
- Alekhine and Dr. A.W. Ryder Tales
- Zilbermints Zaps Hernando Hara-Kiri
- London System Spigel Kings Indian
- Ted Talks Dragon vs Maroczy Bind
- Caro-Kann Home Run vs Tretter
- Real Dr. A.W. Ryder BDG Story
- Queens Indian 5.Bg5 by Dick Zdun
- Commons Beats Benko in Sicilian
- Alekhine Defense vs Jim Marfia
- Stonewall Queen Pawn to Bird
- Queen's Indian Good For My Ego
- Sicilian Dragon Defense Chess Ideas
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2015 (66)
- ► 2014 (78)
- ► 2013 (44)
- ► 2012 (79)