Gary Zintgraff sent me a French Defence Alapin-Diemer Gambit. Gary wrote:
"Dear Tim: I've always liked the Alapin-Diemer Gambit against the French, even if I don't get to gambit the f-pawn. I got your Alapin French book in 1995 after it was published. To my delight, I found one of my old tournament games in it. I wanted to send this to you after seeing the recent Alapin French game. It took a bit longer because I made a number of weaker moves that allowed my opponent to defend better than otherwise. Having won the exchange early on allowed me to take my time. Gary Zintgraff"
Yes, the Alapin French 3.Be3 rocks if Black declines to grab the gambit with 3...dxe4.
You may like the Chess Games of Ray Haines (Kindle ebook).
You may like the Chess Games of Ray Haines (in paperback).
Zintgraff (1329) - Masterthinker (1313), ICC 2 12 Internet Chess Club, 21.07.2019 begins 1.d4 d5 2.e4 e6 3.Be3 g6?! [If Black wants to win, best is 3...dxe4!] 4.Nd2 Bg7 5.e5 Ne7 6.c3 0-0 7.Bd3 h6 8.g4 [8.f4+/=] 8...Nbc6 [8...c5=] 9.Qc2 Kh7
London 2.Bf4 Playbook: How to begin. London 2.Bf4 Tactics: How to win quickly.
Copyright 2011-2019 / Author Page / email@example.com
Chess Training Repertoire 3 (150 Openings White & Black)
(Click for Chess Training Repertoire from Apple Books)
- BDG Ryder Normand 5.Qxf3 Bg4
- Queens Gambit Pinned Knights
- Blackmar-Diemer Mennella 8.Be3
- Chess Games of Ray Haines
- Blackmar-Diemer Gambit Jansen
- Englund Gambit Blackmar Wight
- Blackmar-Diemer Dos Reis 4...e3
- Alapin-Diemer Gambit Zintgraff
- Blackmar-Diemer Gambit 4...Bf5
- Ruy Lopez vs Pascute Marshall
- Blackmar-Diemer Ferreira 3...Bf5
- Stonewall vs Gruenfeld Haines
- Blackmar-Diemer Cubas 3...f5
- Caro-Kann Defence Johnson
- Blackmar-Diemer g6 Zilbermints
- Queen Pawn 2.Nf3 f6 Cavicchi
- Blackmar-Diemer Gambit Madsen
- Sicilian Sveshnikov SharpShooter
- BDG Tribute: Ernst Rasmussen
- Kings Gambit Quaade Petr Wins
- ▼ August (20)
- ► 2018 (12)
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2013 (11)