Checkmate! We love them. Fool's Mate is a type of checkmate early in the game where the losing king is trapped on its original square. The mate comes on the diagonal from h1-e1 or h5-e8. Here are five quick wins I had over the years.
Sawyer-dragonmaster555552000 begins 1.Nc3 h6 2.e4 g5 3.d4 f6 4.Qh5#
My opponent told me that he had a plan, but he never got a chance to carry it out. It is obvious that he intended to put all his pawns on the dark squares. The next game he went for the light squares, but that game was not a Fool's Mate. 1-0
Sawyer-dede begins 1.d4 g5 2.Bxg5 f6 3.e4 fxg5 4.Qh5# 1-0
Black sacrifices a pawn. White sacrifices a bishop.
Sawyer-luisongo2345 begins 1.d4 Nc6 2.e4 g5 3.Bxg5 f5 4.Qh5# 1-0
In this line as Black I prefer 2...e5 or 2...d5.
Sawyer-dincogan begins 1.f4 f5 2.e4 g6 3.exf5 gxf5 4.Qh5# 1-0
A very fast win for a Symmetrical Bird's Opening.
Sawyer-northchess3 begins 1.d4 f5 2.e4 g6 3.exf5 gxf5 4.Qh5# 1-0
Black does best to accept the Staunton Gambit with 2...dxe4.
You may also like: King Pawn (1.e4 e5) and Queen Pawn (1.d4 d5)
Copyright 2017 Home Page / Author Page / email@example.com
- ► 2016 (333)
- ► 2015 (287)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (580)
- Harry Potter and Wild Chess Gambit
- Tim TKO's Timko in Blackmar-Diemer
- Offbeat Unorthodox Wild Gambits
- My Felber Game from Jego's New BDG Book
- Battle BDG Declined Brombacher 4...c5
- How to Eat an Elephant Gambit
- Solid Slav Defence Draw vs 2410
- Following Grandmasters in Petroff
- Eric Jégo Blackmar-Diemer Gambit book
- Tactics Alekhine Four Pawns Attack
- Najdorf Sicilian Defence Sacrifice Win
- Early Learning Najdorf Sicilian Defence
- Bishops of Opposite Colors in Blackmar-Diemer
- Improvement in BDG Avoided Nimzo-Indian Line
- Blackmar-Diemer Gambit Ziegler: Not a Gutman
- Jon Lenchner Pirc Defence
- Penn State Blackmar-Diemer Gambit
- No Touch Much English Dutch
- Penn State Aggressive Latvian
- Double Dutch Defence: Staunton Gambit & Balogh
- Sorrow In Happy Valley Penn State
- Win Symmetrical Pawn Structure
- Blackmar-Diemer Gambit Bogoljubow Win
- Helpful Rook Ending To Draw
- Chess Guinness World Record
- Match vs South Africa English Opening
- Checkmate: Five Quick Fool's Mates for Black
- Checkmate: Five Quick Fool's Mates for White
- Computer Great Rook Pawn Race
- Hershey BDG: Faster Than Fischer!
- ▼ November (30)