Rick Torning writes about the BDG Caro-Kann version of the Rasa-Studier Gambit:
"The Rasa-Studier Gambit game has a nice trap that baits Black's queen to win a pawn with check and then a bishop - which if accepted leads to a forced checkmate! The e6 pawn shields, nay interferes with, Black's queen from defending the weak f7 square. A nice brevity. I have not found this trap in any of my books on traps or database files (including Chessbase Mega Database 2018). Do you know if it has been played before?"
Yes, Rick. It was played in Vandenbroucke-gron, ICS 1995 (BDGKII Game 85 page 345), a game that was repeated via a different move order in Sawyer-guest, ICC 1997.
Torning - NN, Casual Bullet lichess, 01.03.2018 begins 1.d4 c6 2.e4 d5 3.Nc3 dxe4 4.f3 [Caro-Kann Rasa-Studier Gambit] 4...exf3 5.Nxf3 Bg4 6.Bc4 Bxf3 7.Qxf3 Nf6 8.Ne4 e6 9.Nxf6+ Qxf6 10.0-0! [baiting the queen to capture the bishop.] 10...Qxd4+ 11.Kh1 Qxc4?? 12.Qxf7+ [White has a forced mate 12.Qxf7+ Kd8 13.Bg5+ Be7 14.Qxe7+ Kc8 15.Rf8+ Rxf8 16.Qxf8+ Kc7 17.Qd8#] 12...Kd8 13.Bg5+ Kc8
London 2.Bf4 Playbook: Easy way to begin.
London 2.Bf4 Tactics: Ways to win quickly.
Sets: Chess Games 1.e4 Series and Chess Games 1.d4 Series
Copyright 2011-2018 / Author Page / firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up for free weekly Chess Training Repertoire updates
- Ruy Lopez Gajewski Gambit Win
- Alekhine Defence Win Stankovic
- Queen Knight Win by Nigel Short
- French Defence Alapin Diemer
- Kings Gambit Killer Move Wins
- Sicilian Defence Alapin Savic
- French Defence WRG Torning
- Caro-Kann Rasa-Studier Gambit
- Ruy Lopez Minckwitz 8.Nxe5!?
- Caro-Kann Delayed Panov
- Blackmar-Diemer Hartelt Euwe
- Sicilian Defence Knight Move
- Blackmar-Diemer Gambit Bogo
- ▼ May (13)
- ► 2017 (13)
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2013 (11)